PRESSIN ON (Relient K)

Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Aleyways: I DO NOT love technology!

11/28/2005

I DO NOT love technology!

AHHH! Dumb computer almost wouldn't let me post! But I mastered it, stupid piece of gar-bage! Anyway, wow, I have a lot to cover, so sit tight, this is going to be a long ride.

Last wednesday-Hmm, can I remember back this far. Ali and I sang..I think. I was in one heck of a crappy mood, not sure why, it had just been one of those days. It was like satan was sitting on top of me hammering me with a meat tenderizer. Anyway, Luke prayed for me, which really helped alot, I felt a ton better the rest of the evening. Plus playing mad libs with the gang didn't hurt. So wednesday turned out to be a pretty groovy day.

Thursday(Thanksgiving)-Lunch was great. My mom and I made some kickin' food and we didn't burn or undercook anything this year. Go us! Then I went to my dad's house. This is when all the fun began. *rolls eyes* Upon my arrival I was greeted with clouds of smoke throughout the house. My dad, being the piro he is, had accidentally (ok, right, like anyone would do it on purpose) set the house on fire. Luckily it was no biggy and it was out by the time we got there, but the smoke was still very present. I helped my stepmom out a little with the ridiculous amount of food that needed to be prepared then kind of got pushed out of the kitchen when my elder female relatives arrived. So I kind of just stood there, trying to look useful. The dinner was great, although we had WAY too much food. I ate so many appetizers by the time the food was done, so was I. But I did manage to eat this AMAZING sweet potatoe stuff my stepmom makes! Oh man that stuff is good! There were 35 people there. Yeah, that's a lot. Lots of kids. And I'm the youngest of all the cousins, which is good sometimes but really stinks other times. I spent most of the evening hanging out with my older cousin, whom I never see. He's so awesome and we're so much alike. It's a pitty we only see each other once every 3 or 4 years or so. I really do love big family things, but they always kind of upset me because I always realize how not-close I am to a big part of my family. I don't even recognize half of my first cousins, let alone the ones after that. I'm horribly jealous of people with really close families, you know, close outside the immediate family. But as much as I love them all, being around them also makes me realize, to an extent, how much I don't want to be like a lot of them. I don't think any of them live a Christian life, which saddens me, but even outside that, there's a lot of things they do and are, I don't want to be. But I think its good to be around what you don't want to be so you will never forget you don't want to be it...(make sense?) There was your philosophy lesson for the day.

Friday-I went to Barnes and Noble on Barry Rd. in the afternoon. Rach and I had coffee (peppermint mochas) and look through this (borrowing a phrase from J.C.) "flippin' awesome" Hippie book. George Harrison was the best speaker in the world. All his quotes were so deep and just *sigh* fabulous! After eating a little dinner I headed out to the Griffith's house. Seriously guys, I had SO much fun! Four-wheeler tag was so much fun. I haven't climbed a tree in forever! The hay bail attacked my side *ouch* but its ok, I forgave it. That old shack was awesome. As Cody and I were standing down there waiting for everyone to get down there, I was totally picturing a potential horror movie plot. "Two teens out in the woods, in the dark, far enough away, no one could hear them scream, and suddenly" then some horrible creature or phycopathic murderer emerges from the woods and kills us! Luckily, that didn't happen. Let's see, what happened after that...then I went back outside and swung...swang...swinged..whatever! Then...I watched Cody and J.C. skateboard, which, anything they do is impressive to me, I can't even stand on the thing and make it move 2 feet without falling off. J.C. made us some rockin' cocoa and then we all just stayed inside and hung out. Yep, tons of fun!

Saturday-Walked Zoe up to St. Mary's to watch the guys play football. It was slightly boring until Ali got there. Zoe had a blast though, she was exhausted when I took her home. Movie night was great. Madagascar was so funny. "I like to move it, move it.." but I have to say I really enjoyed Monty Python more. I'm so glad I finally know what everyone is talking about with all those quotes...and find them halarious! "Neee!!" "Cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... with... a herring!" But I think my favorite was the killer bunny part. I was crying I was laughing so hard. "What's he gonna do, nibble your bum?" Oh wow! SOOO funny! So, yeah, I really liked the movie, which kind of suprised me. I used to hate movies with that sort of humor, but I think hanging out with the group that I do now...has corrupted my humor. But its all good. So, movie night, big hit!

Sunday-Church was great. Lots of movies! Braveheart, LOTR (no Arigorn...*sniffle*) AND Nemo! The guest preacher was really good too. Worship went...ok. I screwed up the very first line in the very first song. Oh, wait, maybe nobody caught that! Gar *kicks self* why did I have to say that, now everyone will know! Anyway, Eric said he's going to teach me and Jube "real" three part harmony next week, which I'm excited about. But that means practice on thursday, meaning no CSI party, meaning my best friend may be pushed to the point of disowning me...she's almost there already! But, I'll use my blinding charm *ha*, hope you caught the sarcasm there. I'll probably end up graveling and doing her calculus homework for a week.
Sunday night was so funny! I've decided I cannot sing with Cody anymore, he's simply too funny. I can't handle it. My stomach hurt so much by the time we finished practice. And I don't care what anyone says, my version of the last song was/is better. Why you ask? Because...I know how is goes! Plus it is higher, which I always think is a bonus, unless it's too high. I'm just being difficult. I don't mind learning the new way. Then we sat around and quoted movies I've actually seen *gasp* *shocked look* So sunday night was a blast!

We've seen each other almost every day, sometimes more than once for the past, almost week. It's going to be wierd not seeing everyone until wednesday. So I prepose going to see Bob play basketball on tuesday (tomorrow) because I've never seen him play before and I want to. Plus it'll help with the withdrawl I'll be going through by then. J/K. I'm not THAT dependant. But I think we should go. "The Chronicles of Narnia" comes out Dec. 9, so we definately have to do that! Ok, I'm out yo. Peace!

4 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

wow, i acutally read that whole thing, too!! Weird. just plain weird. Glad you like our partaayyy. I cant wait til we see chronicles of narnia as a youth goup. I meant group.

CHOOTLES La Chica!!

Chizzler out??

6:22 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Oh yeah, you didnt hang our pictures in your locker yet did you?? Kinda embarassing, but not really. At least one of them has my autograph on the back.

CHootles.

CHizzler out??

6:23 PM  
Blogger CleanSlate said...

Just lettin' ya know i have a new blog.
-Kat

8:07 PM  
Blogger CleanSlate said...

Update sweet heart, we know already that you are technologically retarded like me. Oh and yeah update.
-kat

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home