PRESSIN ON (Relient K)

Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Aleyways: Stereotypes....GAR!!!!

11/15/2005

Stereotypes....GAR!!!!

Ok, so now I have something interesting to write about. Ok, maybe not interesting but I won't just be babbling about nothing. And I'm SOOO bored, so here goes:
Stereotypes anger me greatly. I say that at the risk of being a hypocrite because I think to an extent we all stereotype, and I know I used to ALL the time. I've been trying SO hard though lately not to stereotype anyone. At the beginning of the year I met some really awesome people when I did novice plays. The "drama kids" at our school are one of the big stereotypes here and I had fallen into the habit of believing them. However, while I was involved in novice I had to suspend my impressions of the stereotypical drama kid and actually get to know a lot of them. I was shocked. I made friends with people I would have never talked to and had already formed my opinion of. Another guy I got to know during novice, a guy I had spent my entire high school career making fun of because of how I stereotyped him freshmen year turned out to be so awesome, and we're great friends now. Although I get that stereotypes are a reality that exists in high school. I still don't like them, even if they are "mostly true." God made all of us different and although we might be similar in SOME ways, I don't think it's fair to group people like that. Not all "goths" practice black magic and listen to songs about death and killing. Some preps are deeper than a damp napkin. I have no idea what stereotype I would fit into; I would assume it would be the "over achievers, the smart kids." I hate that. I don't think I fit in there at all, I don't think anyone really "fits" in there. Just because people get good grades doesn't mean that we ALL spend all of our time doing homework and our free time is spent reading the encyclopedia. I don't know. I just wish people would look at people without judging them because of what they wear and who they hang with. I think people would be surprised at the friends they would make if they did. I'm out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home