PRESSIN ON (Relient K)

Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Aleyways: Bonjour Y'all

1/07/2006

Bonjour Y'all

Well, I'd love to be able to say that my weekend has been great so far...but I refuse to tell a lie. Yesterday was cool though. I hung out with Rach, Chauntel and her younger brother Conor. We made pizzas, then had a carpet picnic while watching Fern Gully. We watched it b/c it is very hippie like in theory. However, it is super freaky! Have you ever seen it!? I would think it would terrify little kids! Anyway. Then we went to the basement, on post these basements are like dungeons, seriously. But I enjoy that kind of stuff, so I loved it. We had ping pong tournaments and after an hour or so of that and being scared out of out minds when Conor snuck in and turned the lights out on us, we left and went home.
Today...was...not so good. My grandma died on wednesday. It wasn't a surprise or anything and she was at home, surrounded my the people she loved, so as far as all that goes, she was lucky. I wasn't very close to her at all, I used to spend a lot of time there when I was really little but I don't remember that stuff. I remember disapproving of how she treated her animals when I got older which eventually led me to cut out my visits altogether. And she did have something like 30 grandkinds, I was one of the youngest. Anyway, my dad picked us up to go to lunch at a church before the funeral, which all took place in Atchison. The lunch was fine, but I hate going to anything and not recognizing half of my family, which is always what seems to happen to me. I have a HUGE family, more cousins than I can count, but I don't know half of them. I am the youngest there too, so, I guess that could explain some of it, but still. The funeral was nice. I hardly recognized my grandma. I hadn't seen her for a while I guess and she looked so different. My dad was putting on a brave front, which I knew he would, cause he's just great like that. It was funny, on the way up there, we were listening to country, the only thing my daddy listens to. This song came on by my favorite country guy and I asked him if he'd ever heard it. It was about going to heaven and telling the people left behind not to cry or worry about them. My dad made me agree I would sing that at his funeral (which had better be a LONG ways off). They ended up playing that song at my grandma's funeral. It definately had an effect on everyone. My sister and aunt and most of my cousins were crying. And I was just ridden with guilt. I didn't feel like I should cry, because I didn't know or love her as much as they did, so I didn't think it was right. Then I felt guilty for not crying b/c everyone else was. Then I felt guilty for not knowing her and loving her like they all did. But I guess that's not my fault. It was an intense day. A lot more emotions than I planned on. I thought I would be fine, just there to comfort my dad, but that wasn't really the case. Anyway, the cerimony was nice, like I said. Then my dad took us all out for ice cream and then took us home.
Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation. But deliver us from evil. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger rocksalive777 said...

I remember Fern Gully. I used to watch it all the time. I thought it was so cool. But I knew people who weren't allowed to see it.

I remember my grandpa's funeral. It definitely is weird not knowing half the people at a family event like that (southern families are even bigger than midwestern families).
And it was weird. Being in the military, I didn't know my grandpa as well as my cousins did.
For comfort: Johnny Cash's "Fly Away"

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home