PRESSIN ON (Relient K)

Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Aleyways: Conflicting emotions but not really

1/11/2006

Conflicting emotions but not really

I'm in a bit of a funk, I have been for a little while now. My friend Gabem is one of my best friends in the entire world. We've been close friends since I was a freshmen. He graduated last year. Gabe's a mormon, as were half of all my male friends before this year. I knew sometime after he graduated he would have to leave for a 2-year mission trip. Secretly I hoped that he would change his mind...or something would happen to make it impossible for him to go. Well, he called me about a week ago and told me he was going to New Zealand for his mission. He leaves less than a month after his 19th birthday. Needless to say I was not as exstatic as he was. I faked some enthusiasm and mainly focused on the fact he was going to New Zealand and nowhere really bad or dangerous. But how could I be excited for him? For one, one of my best friends is leaving for two years with his only communication back home being letters. And secondly, he's going on this trip to convert people to mormonism. I love my mormon friends with all my heart and to be honest, they are the nicest guys, even nicer than a lot of christian guys, without contest. But obviously, I do not believe what they believe. I'd always hoped that someday I could influence Gabe and maybe one day change him. But he'll actually learn what mormonism is about on a mission trip and therefore, I'm out of luck. *sigh* Big funk. At least he doesn't leave until march 8th, so I've still got some time to hang out with him before he leaves. His birthday is coming up, so I want to plan something really cool for his birthday. Any ideas? His birthday just happens to be feb. 10th meaning I'll have 2 birthday presents to plan/buy.
Anyway...I would love some prayer on this subject...pray for Gabe and that God will use me to show him the real way to heaven..and....a miracle! lol

1 Comments:

Blogger rocksalive777 said...

In my experience, Mormons are incredibly nice, as you said. But incredibly stubborn about their beleifs, even if you show them direct contradictions between the Bible and BoM. I will pray for him and all of the Mormons at a school (gee, there are a lot).

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home