PRESSIN ON (Relient K)

Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Aleyways: Crosses and Peace Signs

1/23/2006

Crosses and Peace Signs

Who says that you can't be a hippie and a Christian? I love these lines from "Love is a Movement" by..you guessed it, Switchfoot: "Love is the movement,
Love is a revolution."
Hippies are all about revolution, in fact, that's the central theme of almost all hippie/classic rock. Hippies are all for movements and going against The Man. True, not all the morals are alined and there are some huge differences, for instance Christians are all for Jesus's love whereas hippies are all for free love...but it's still love...lol. Ok, there's my little justification, not that anyone reading this doubts that you can be both, but just in case.

Wondering why I'm quoting all these old Switchfoot songs? Well, I came home on saturday and found "Learning to Breathe" in my chair. Angie (awesome 38 year old mutual friend of my mom and I) was cleaning out her cds and decided she didn't want it any more. Her trash, my treasure. It came at a perfect time too, even though I love "Nothing is Sound" I've listened to it 2,000,000 times, so it's time for a change. Speaking of change, I hate it! I'll spare an elaboration.

My weekend was ok. Friday...I did nothing pretty much. Saturday I FINALLY went to my daddy's house. We hung out, it was only the two of us, I watched "The Missing" while he changed my oil (man dad's are cool) then I went home and hung out with Rach and Chaunty. We did this really copesthetic experiment with soda and mentos. You put the mentos in a just- opened soda bottle (diet works best) and it explodes, like shoots up 6 ft. It was pretty cool. Then we wanted to do it again, so we were trying to dig the mentos out of the gutter. Pretty fun stuff. Then we went to Chauntel's and played ping pong with Darree, then Con joined us. For the most part I sat in a canoo and played Lewis and Clark! Hey, with a little imagination, it was fun ok! Don't judge. Sunday was horrible, G's were gone, Ali wasn't there and neither was Cody! If it weren't for Sean and Hayden, I would have died! Fo sho! Today was ok I suppose, I was ticked off this morning due to a little misunderstanding but I got over it. But it was monday, so I'm entitled to a little crankiness right? I think so.

Ok, I've taken up enough of your precious time, plus I'm hungry, hamburger helper...yummm! lol

Peace gangstas and chicas.

2 Comments:

Blogger rocksalive777 said...

When I get to college, I'm totally going hippie rocker (with an emo twist, but hey, that's cause emo rock. Anywho...) My hair's gonna be long, and it will be so cool. So now that I've wasted five seconds of your life with pointless jibber-jabber, I'll shut up.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Aley said...

we should do it wed. Ali

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home