PRESSIN ON (Relient K)

Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Aleyways: Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?...no, I shalln't!

1/13/2006

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?...no, I shalln't!

When, in disgrace with Fortune and men's eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
Desiring this man's art and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least;
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee, and then my state
(Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth) sings hymns at heaven's gate;
From they sweet love remembered such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.

Yeah, I wrote that!!!! Just kidding. My good friend Shakespeare wrote it and named it Sonnet 29. Actually he didin't name it anything, some one who was not very creative decided on the name most likely. We were reading some sonnets and I really liked this one. And even though it is most likely about a man and a woman, I also thought it could be between a man and God, if you think about it. The guy's all depressed in the beginning (the octave) and he's crying to heaven with no response. He thinks of all the things that everyone else has that he lacks and says even the things he most enjoys don't bring him joy anymore. Then he thinks of the love that he has. I know if I were feeling really bad and I thought about Jesus's love, I would feel so much better, just like this persona does. There is, afterall, no sweeter love than the love of Jesus Christ. I don't know, I just thought it was cool because even though it wasn't really written about that, it could be argued that it applied just the same.

2 Comments:

Blogger rocksalive777 said...

In the words of Kurt, "Wow, that was deep."

So, kinda like a modern-day Job?

11:37 AM  
Blogger Aley said...

You're commenting during school?! Shame on you! Not like I'm posting during school or anything. I am not a hypocrite!!!! lol later yo.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home