PRESSIN ON (Relient K)

Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Aleyways: The Infamous Protest of LHS

2/13/2006

The Infamous Protest of LHS

Today, the legendary Fred Phelps (Felps?) came to LHS to...uh...peacefully? voice his views on the USALL issue. I drove up to school this morning and my line of vision was hit with all these HORRIBLY offensive signs about gay people. Almost every sign was something along the lines of "God hates fags!" WHOA! I didnt' think they'd be that radical, but I should have assumed. There were tons of people on the other side with signs about unity and love, all the USALL supporters. Everyone was super peaceful, much to Fred's dismay I'm sure. We had a Jack Party in Rach's car this morning and watched the going ons. It was kind of crazy. I mean, what on earth could those people be thinking? Have they read the Bible? They quote it (completely out of context) so I'm assuming they've read it but when I see signs like that I can't understand how that's possible. They need prayer majorly peeps, big time! And what really made me upset was, not only that a guy like that gives Christians a horrible image and makes people think badly of us, under falsified portration, but that God was not represented in the whole thing at all! One of my friends said we should have been out there with a sign that said: "Hate the Sin, not the Sinner." That would have been a good thing, but what side would you stand on I wondered? Obviously, that would be directed at the Phelp's group, but I don't agree with USALL either. If they truley were a support club without the slightest bit of promotion, then fine, but they do promote homosexuality in a way, so I wouldn't have felt comfortable on their side either; although this morning it was simply tolerance they were gunnin' for and I was happy to see that. My friends and I sat in the car and blasted the Beatle's "All you need is love" lol, seemed appropriate. I talked to my Law teacher during class and he said that the news probably wouldn't even cover it considering it was completely calm and non-violent. No one got hot headed or tried to pull anything, so it was pretty dull. The Phelp's group didn't even stay as long as they planned on, so HA! lol Interesting day, that's for sure.

Friday was great, Jon's birthday party at the Griffith's! lol It was a blast, as always, The Brother's Grimm was even funnier the second time. "Excuse, it was trying to run away!" LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA SOOO funny!

Saturday was...chaotic! I was lazy all morning, go me, then I had to rush around trying to get everything done. I was ready to bake the cake only to discover, I didnt' have a cake pan anymore, so I had to go get one, and decorations and such. Then after searching, finding, washing, and trying on my bathingsuits, I headed down to the pool for my swimming lesson, graciously offered by Cody. Upon arrival I was greeted by the screeches of a million girls being murdered, well, it sounded like they were being murdered, geeez, how do you guys out up with all the noise all the time!?!?! I'd go crazy! Anywho, Cody was glued to his lifeguarding chair (not literally) to, well, guard their lives, so I'm taking a rain check on my swimming lesson. Then I went to the church and we had Jon yet another party. It was great. Spoons and sardines! Too much fun.

Sunday, Jon, David and I did kid's church; it went well, those kids are a hoot! lol Then I hung out at home for the most part, after finding out we weren't going to see The Pink Panther. I went to Rachel's and watched part of The Sting with Robert Redford (LOVE HIM) awesome movie by the way you guys!

Ok, that's it, my update, hope you have enjoyed it. My internet has been screwy lately, so I may not be keeping up on the blogger world as well as I was before, although no one else seems to be donig that either so, I don't feel bad! lol Pink Panther tuesday? Yeah? Good! It's a plan! Later Days all.

1 Comments:

Blogger rocksalive777 said...

Fred Phelps. I think he did read the Bible at one point, but even his kids (the ones who escaped) say that he has been completely overridden by hate.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home